of the Pacific
|Return to TOP 10 DESTINATIONS||Search & Book Airfare! Returning Online Clients Enter Here|
|Give the GIFT OF TRAVEL||
NEW CLIENTS: Create Your OnlineTravel Account Here
Tahiti, the largest island throughout the country, towering over the ocean like a proud and royal Queen, is appropriately crowned by a circle of majestic peaks.
The mountainous interior is adorned with deep valleys, clear streams, and high waterfalls, all bathed in green iridescence of Mother Nature's light. The coastal lands, edged with a rugged coastline, are home to fields of tropical flowers and most of the island's population.
Papeete, meaning the "water basket", was once a gathering place where Tahitians came to fill their calabashes with fresh water. Now the invigorating capital city and gateway of the country, Tahiti boasts world-class resorts, spas, fine dining and unique restaurants, nightclubs, vibrant markets, pearl shops, and boutiques.
Tahiti... Just the word...
The world's definition of paradise
TAHITI-NUI MARE' ARE' A
Polynesian songs and legends have bestowed this famous South Pacific island many names such as "Great Tahiti of the Golden Haze", "Mounting Place of the Sun," " Land of the Double Rainbow," and "The Gathering Place."
Legends describe Tahiti-Nui and Tahiti-Iti as a great fish that swam away fron the sacred waters of Havai'i, now known as the lagoon shared by Raiatea and Taha'a.
For the visitor, Tahiti means unlimited possibilities:
- Relaxation at the surprising number of restaurants around Papeete and at the enjoyable roulottes along the waterfront in Vai'ete Square.
- Excitement of shopping along the waterfront and in the Public Market of Papeete for Tahitian collectibles such as pareu, monoi oil, artwork, music CDs, precious native wood carvings, and beautiful Tahitian Pearls.
- Exploration of the pristine interior and beautiful coastline by 4x4 excursion, guided nature hikes, escorted tours, or rental car.
- Discovery of the lagoon waters by diving, snorkeling, sailing, surfing, deep-sea fishing, outrigger canoeing, or guided catamaran tours.
- Enjoyment of the beachside resorts featuring luxurious spas, spectacular shows, fine restaurants, and the full range of rooms, suites, and bungalows.
Other activities and sites in Papeete and around the island:
- Deep sea fishing
- Lagoon excursions on outrigger canoes or powerboats
- Notre Dame Cathedral of Papeete
- Papeete Town Hall
- Drive to the Belvedere overlooking Papeete
- 4X4 Safari from Faa'a into the high mountains
- Tomb of Queen Pomare V and Royal Family
- Arahoho Blowhole
- Waterfalls and walking trails at Faarumai
- Vaipahi Gardens
- Maraa Fern Grotto
- Marae Arahurahu
- Surfing sites at Teahupoo, Papara and Taapuna
- Guided hike to the top of Mt. Aorai
- Guided hiking trips into the remote Pari Region of Tahiti Iti
Tahiti is just the gateway to the French Polynesian Islands. Don’t forget to explore the other beautiful islands that the South Pacific has to offer such as Bora Bora, Moorea, Raiatea and Huahine. Each their own distinct island with so much to offer. Please stop in and see one of our destination specialists today to start planning your getaway in paradise.